Juvenile Correctional Center (JCC) / Direct Care
Provides statewide direction, coordination, and operational oversight for medical, dental, nursing, and food services with the goal of optimizing resources, maintaining acceptable practices and conforming to applicable laws and regulations. Direct care services are provided through a network of infirmaries which conduct required health screening and treatment for all juveniles committed to the Department. Health Services coordinates hospitalization and related utilization management activities for the Department, along with developing and implementing systems which standardize the delivery of medical, nursing and dental services provided within the Department's juvenile correctional centers.
Health Care Services Performed on-site
- Primary Care Ambulatory Medical Clinic.
- Minor surgery.
- Preventive and restorative dental care.
- Professional nursing services.
- Inpatient medical and nursing care.
- Pharmacy services.
Health Care Services Performed off-site
- Specialty medical care.
- Oral Surgery.
- Specialized therapy.
Offers comprehensive program of pre-services and in-service training to Health Service staff and other juvenile justice personnel throughout the Commonwealth.
Provides specialized medical training to locally operated detention facilities and group homes.
- Develops and administers contracts with state-wide coverage providing medical care, hospitalization, and comprehensive pharmacy services.
Food Services Unit Overview
Provides oversight of the Department food services program in Departmentally operated and regulated facilities on a state-wide basis.
- Maintains compliance with USDA School Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Programs.
- Develops menus for Department facilities to ensure that nutritionally, and economically sound meals are served.
- Ensures statewide regulatory compliance for the USDA School Lunch, Breakfast and Snack Programs in more than 70 facilities.
- Provides comprehensive, state-wide training in all areas of food service operation.
- Administers food services contracts at juvenile correctional centers.
- Ensures food safety through a comprehensive state-wide program of safety and sanitation inspections.